Available Waller Truck Driving Jobs in Memphis
With 60 years in the business, Waller is a high quality, family owned, and operated company located in the heart of Memphis. We offer the best working environment for our drivers, treating every driver like family. Waller offers numerous job opportunities in Memphis and offer some of the best benefits.
- Local and regional jobs possible, allowing you to be home at night.
- Pet friendly environment, which allows you to take you pet on the road.
- Rider policy, allowing authorized family and friends to ride from day one.
- Orientation pay, get paid during orientation.
- No touch freight/Drop and Hook, providing drivers with peace of mind.
Brand New Kenworth Trucking Fleet
- New T680 tractors
- Qualcomm digital eLogs
- Fully automatic trucks
- 200 truck fleet
- 650 late model 53-foot dry vans
Memphis Trucking Employment Statistics
Memphis has one of the highest pay rates for truck drivers. With a median salary of $35,500 per year (O*Net 2012), truck drivers in Memphis can earn between $22,800 per year and $58,400 per year based on your experience and other factors. Tennessee is currently experiencing a huge demand for truck drivers. Memphis is one of the best places to be if you want to have a career as a truck driver.
What it Takes to become a Truck Driver in Memphis
The first step in becoming a truck driver in Memphis is attending a Tennessee truck driving program. Enrolling in a truck driving program will give you a comprehensive education in all things related to driving a commercial truck.
In addition to classroom training, you will receive one-on-one training with an instructor and spend time behind the wheel. Training last between six to eight weeks and prepares you for your CDL (commercial driver’s license). Obtaining a CDL is done through the Department of Driver Services and requires that you pass a written exam and earn a learner’s permit.
The last step is to successfully pass a road teat. Once you pass both exams, you get your CDL and can start working.
What to Expect as a Driver?
- Truck drivers work long hours
- Responsible for inspecting your truck and trailer route
- Keeping everything organized
Driver Requirements at Waller Truck
- Waller Truck requires all drivers to have a CDL. You must pass a DOT physical. You must also have at least 18 months of previous experience.
Becoming a Waller Truck Driver
You have your CDL and at least 18 months of previous experience as a commercial driver, now what? Are you looking for a change? Do you want to work for a company that has been in business 60 years? Do you want to be respected and treated like family? Waller Truck has a place for you!
Waller Truck offers opportunities locally and regionally. Get paid during orientation. Get treated like family. We are constantly looking for new drivers in Memphis. Apply now to become part of the Waller Truck team. Click here to apply today.